• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Desert tan

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Clearly you need a bigger pool. Each vehicle I aquire, I seem to go a different direction re paint. NATO temperate, NATO Arctic, plain drab (70's Australian) and the last truck went sand, then I managed to find the correct trailer for it.... already sand!

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is the logic: A nice Jeep costs more than a 5 ton or a deuce. Why you ask… The jeep has a much higher “spousal approval rating”. It fits in the garage, it’s small (cute) and easy to drive. Chics dig ‘em. While this may not make any sense to us, it is the rule. This is one strange hobby! Don’t try to figure it out, just go along for the ride… :cool:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Here is the logic: A nice Jeep costs more than a 5 ton or a deuce. Why you ask… The jeep has a much higher “spousal approval rating”. It fits in the garage, it’s small (cute) and easy to drive. Chics dig ‘em. While this may not make any sense to us, it is the rule. This is one strange hobby! Don’t try to figure it out, just go along for the ride… :cool:
Bill, I don't think I have seen it explained that clearly. The cute factor and fitting in the garage are definitely hard to argue with. Especially when having discussion with the ladies.

CMPPhil

Hi All

The topic of painting MV Tan or OD is an interesting one. If you drive your truck a lot in the sun then I would suggest going with tan. I have 3 trucks 1 OD and 2 Tan. Two of the trucks have nearly identical cabs, sitting side by side in direct sun, not running and not having been driven, here is the temperature comparison OD 156.8F Tan 124.0F when measuring on the hood in front of driver. Measuring inside of roof Tan 124.4F and on the OD 161.4F . I've tried this measuring other MVs with varying results Camo trucks get interesting because the actual surface temp doesn't seem to track to the color as you would expect and if the engines have been running then that overrides colors.

Cheers PhilColor and Heat 001.jpgColor and Heat 002.jpgColor and Heat 003.jpgColor and Heat 004.jpgMV Color Surface Tent_3977.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks