• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Detroit 8v92 fuel shutoff question

Rkrug

Looking at a truck that has an 8v92 and a 13 speed, says that it runs good but has an electrical issue and then it dies. So here are my questions being a 1979, this should be a mechanical engine (no DDEC?), meaning that the only electrical issue that would stop it from running would be concerning the fuel solenoid? If so to get the truck home to fix the problem could I just tie the shutdown lever in the run position to get it home?
Thanks for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rkrug

Ok, I think I have it figured out, talked with some one and they said it probably has an air actuated shut off and the valve that controlls it is bad, so that once the truck builds air pressure it kills it, so I just need to cap that line.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks