• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce bed Project

rustystud

Well I finally got started on cleaning and painting the Deuces bed. After cleaning and then sanding then wiping down the bed and sides I was able to paint it with my two part epoxy primer I bought a while ago.
Then after a few days I painted it with colored "Monster Liner". Of course I chose military "OD Green" .
It came out pretty good. Now I need to finish sand-blasting the "hold-downs" and reinstall them. They where pretty rusty.
After that comes removing all the old wood and cleaning up all those metal brackets. If someone has new brackets and wants to sell them let me know ! I really don't relish removing all that rust !
In just four years half my wood rotted out too ! What a pain.
I plan on using "Trex" for all the wood parts now. No more rot for me !

006.jpg002.jpg008.jpg
005.jpg002.jpg003.jpg

I already replaced all the hinge pins with "304 stainless steel" ones I made up earlier. So now hopefully I will not have to worry about rust in my bed for a long time to come.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Greg,
The liner came out nice, you actually had enough sunny weather to get it done?
JC

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rusty, It looks good! I'll keep that in mind for when I do my bed. Now how about the S-250 Shelter in the background of the 1st pic??

rustystud

Rusty, It looks good! I'll keep that in mind for when I do my bed. Now how about the S-250 Shelter in the background of the 1st pic??
I've been working on it for awhile now. I need to attach it to the bed of the trailer, then I can start making up shelves for my tool storage. I already bought the material to attach it. It's just a matter of having the time and energy to get it completed !

silverstate55

Useless
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ah, throwing all that Drop Side Privilege in our faces, I see.....LOL!

Looks FANTASTIC, great work!! Thanks for sharing pics, can't wait to see more!

[thumbzup]

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It took two gallons of primer and two gallons of "Monster liner" . It really needed more Monster Liner but I was able to get a complete coat barely.
Rusty, what method did you use to apply the Monster liner & what type of primer was used?? The bed is the last major job remaining on my truck. I just picked up a set of fiberglass troop seats, and am still looking for a fiberglass headache board, and I need to knock out some dents in the sides of the bed before I sand primer and paint.......thanks!

rustystud

Rusty, what method did you use to apply the Monster liner & what type of primer was used?? The bed is the last major job remaining on my truck. I just picked up a set of fiberglass troop seats, and am still looking for a fiberglass headache board, and I need to knock out some dents in the sides of the bed before I sand primer and paint.......thanks!
I'm sorry Tracer. I didn't see that you posted until today ! I used the "Magnapoxy" sold by "Monstaliner" .
I just applied the paint with a brush and roller. Came out pretty nice I think.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks