• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Dump

big block 88

I posted pics of this in my intro to the site but I figured I would post here for a bit more traffic of te duece boys.

Truck was rebuilt in 90 and had set it's entire life it seems low hours and very low miles. Truck did have rust on the driver door around the latch ahdle. I welded up the holes and now a year lated the paint is bubbling and rust is seeping through so it looks like I may have to do a bit more surgery on it.

The truck overall is amazingly versatile, load handleing seems very good as it hasn't been maxed out yet. And if you get a big enuff load toward the rear you don't even know you don't have power steering. This was me and dads first venture into a customized scene with the duece's. The other trucks were just restored to stock.

Attachments

big block 88

Me and my dad did the mods in my shop, I am welder fabricator by trade so it was a blast taking on this project. We built for our buddy who owns a car lot here in Topeka, we buy all our cars and trucks from him. He is selling this truck right now, and we are going to start an A3 for him with a bigger ram.

big block 88

What the pic don't show is the finished product. I cut down his tool rack on the driver side so the truck could dump with all the tools in the rack. It is NOT functional as the tools are permanent but it loos more original. The truck recieved a full repaint top to bottom and a hard top.

big block 88

It is a 12V electirc, unit out of a topkick. Dump time depends on load fully laden I would say anywhere from 15-30 seconds but I have never timed it.

I postioned the hoist a bit forward to help the hydro get past its break over. I tryed it toward the rear of the truck but the flex in the bed frame was to much I didn't like it bounceing ont he hydro during a lift.

Bed was also refloored with 1/8 plate

aarondnelson

BB88,

I have an M36, and I think that I need to do something similar to this to justify it's existence. Do you think that this mod is possible/feasible with a 17' bed?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks