• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce extras. The small things in life.

redcoat54th

OK, here is a question for those who served in Vietnam.

There has been a lot of talk about paint and markings. What about the things carried in the cab and in the bed?
Local added items like: radios, flashights, grenades, rifles ammo and mags, maps, webbing, smokes, C rations, first aid items (in a white painted ammo can maybe?) personal pics, ammo cans, jerry cans, clothing items, playboy?, locally bought items......the list goes on.
I want to show my deuce decked out how it was. Your stories and input most welcome. Bob

redcoat54th

drgreg, A Monkey! Well thats a new one but I can see it happening. I have seen a few puppy pictures of Vietnam era soldier pets. If this stuff does not get writen down its gone. I encourage you to scan the pics if you can. Its all a part of your family history. If you look at a picture long enough you usually discover something new about people, places and things.
thanks for the input. Bob

Attachments

DavidB

First; one hundred and six years in Royal Signals Op ?
To properly'' Kit " out a deuce with Vietnam gear consult the fine book by David Doyle.Warman's Vietnam War Collectibles many pages of photographs showing what was used.I have a couple of deuces I show with equipment on board it makes for some interesting conversations and helps pass the time spent with the shinny car crowd. You can get a copy from David himself, he is a member here.Good luck with your search .
DavidB

redcoat54th

Yes 106 years is a tad too long in any army! Should have been 1968, NOT 1868!! The older I get the better I used to be .
Thanks for the book tip, I'll look into it. Bob

Last edited:

DavidB

Again ; your math skills make me wish I could sell you a book,I could become rich.If you keep wishing you time away you will soon be Historic also,2968 ? Purely in jest!
David B

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks