• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

deuce headlight

srodocker

Quick question. i think its my light switch but i want to hear your guys opinions. deuce on low beam passenger side light is dim. and the driver side is somewhat dim. but when brights are on passenger side is brighter then the driver side. i checked grounds and connections on both sides and there all good... what do you guys think?

Attachments

wsucougarx

I also did the same thing Scott. When I pushed the headlight in, it disconnected 1/3 of the wires. I bought a new headlight, went to remove the old one and saw that one of the leads were disconnected. Didn't need to replace the headlight after all. Pull your headlight and you'll probably see you did the same thing.

srodocker

thanks for the responses guys. i'll dbl check all the connections tomorrow and unplug and replug them in. it sucks not wanting to drive at night unless i want to blind people hehe.

Darwin T

also check the rubber connections going through the back of the headlight case. where the power wires connect to the backside and the head light connects to the inside. if these are bad pm me i can give you a site where i bought my new ones when i replace my wiring harness.

papakb

Most people without experience in M series wiring tend to think that the numbers for the headlights are 17, 18, and 19. Actually they are 17, 18, and 91. It's really easy to get them switched as they go throught the headlight bucket even with the numbers stamped into the metal. Here's what you want and a link to an M series number chart:

http://www.olive-drab.com/7070301_circuit_numbers_dolph.pdf

17 High beams

18 Low beams

91 Ground

littlebob

99% of my DC electrical problems have been ground. You said it was good, but I would run a jumper straight from the battery(-) and test each light with it that way. May have to change it to the(+)
with the original ground connected to see what happens. Just want to eliminate some maybes and
figure out which side has the problem. When I got my truck they had run a jumper ground from one light to the other. After I took it all apart and put it back together with the star washers it worked without the jumper. I think Bjorn has done an article on this and may have something on it here.

srodocker

oooo not a bad idea billy bobbed. im going to start with the switch now and take it off and find the ground for that. it stinks not being able to drive at night without using hte brights...

Barrman

1 wire leaves the dimmer switch and goes to 2 lights for low and the same for hi beam. If you are getting non equal lights, then it has to be either the bulbs, the connections at the bulbs or the wires back to the dimmer switch, or the grounds. Just check everything over and over until you find the problem because it is from the dimmer forward.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks