• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Horn Problem.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been going round and round with the horn on my Deuce. When operated it sounds like I have half a horn, and my air pressure is over 100psi. I have done an archive search and couldn't find a problem quite like this. So I replaced the Solenoid thinking that was the problem, and checked the connections at the Solenoid, and replaced one connector, checked the solenoid wire to the wire in the steering column, and to the short wire on the horn button. I also checked the ground to the horn button (spring) and steering wheel and cleaned everything there. When the ignition lever is turned on, engine not running, I have a nice loud click when I press the horn button. Get the truck running and air pressure up...……..and my horn still sounds like a mouse. I also did a soapy water check on all the air fittings leading to the horn, and no leaks. This problem started suddenly about 2 weeks ago. Can the trumpets on the horn assembly go bad? It's probably the original horn assembly from 1971/72. Thanks!!

Lou e

Do you get a strong burst of air if you disconnect the horns? Being that you replaced the valve, my guess is Flyingvan911 is correct but keep us posted on what you find, I’m curious as to what you come up with.

rustystud

I would also go with the busted diaphragm theory. Also you could have had some little bugs get in there and build a nest like say Wasps ! Had that happen before.
Just take apart the horn and see.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Most have an adjustment on the "bell" should be an allen and a lock nut. You can also tune them using the allen.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DSCF2032.jpg I pulled the horn assembly to disassemble it, and as I was loosening the bolts up, I noticed that one of the tubes was about 1 and a half turns from falling off the horn assembly. This may be the reason for the odd sound that the horn was making. I'm going to clean things up and apply a little thread sealant. I'm surprised I didn't notice this part was loose when I replaced the solenoid. Well I just celebrated my 64th so I'll blame it on old age. I picked up another complete horn, so if this repair doesn't work I'll hang it on the garage wall. A little MV Art!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks