• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce muffler option

Dore1dog

Family dog who likes to go everywhere in anything that runs when I open the cab door. Neighbors cover there ears as I drive by.

If you are thinking its time to quiet the Deuce and not a fan of the galvanized trash can look, I used a Twister muffler. It's available with a 12" body 3.5" slip x 3.5" pipe. It will fit neatly behind the heat shield. It cuts the harshness out of the exhaust but leaves all the turbo whistle.

Attachments

Flyingvan911

Mufflers on deuces have been covered quite a bit. Search for the words "deuce" and "muffler." There are several that do a good job and several guys have posted decible readings from before and after.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like Twister has a few options that work well on the M35a2. I wonder which one the OP used(details help)

Performance Exhaust

RAYZER

The dynomax is a slight interference fit over the stock pipe and you can weld or use a special steped clamp that you can get from napa.

bigelk50

I have heard the truck in the first post. It is alot quieter! still sounds great though and you really have to look behind the heat shield to see the muffler.

wildbilly1760

What was the price of the twister? the Dynomax from Summit or jegs seems to run about $50. That seems like the price range I would like to stay in. Yes the Twister looks good, and fits in behind the heat shield like I would want. The website listed didnt list a price, and I havent recieved any emails from them. The website does make it look like a good choice.

Jimma

I dont like how most of them are above the heat shield but with it inside the truck does not look modified and goofy. I would like to know how much of difference in db's it makes. The other side of me says part of the fun is the noise.

Heavysteven

I think mines a dynamax as well. I did not even try to hid mine. Just had it welded to the upper exhaust. With out a doubt it helps out with the sound. A walker would be nice but they look bulky.

MO MV man

I couldn't be more pleased with my Donaldson.
It's an industrial muffler (built like a vault) and no matting/packing to blow out or get sooted up over time.
I lost around 11 dB at idle.
And the exhaust note is awesome. VERY deep.
The whistle is still there. :beer:

RAYZER

I dont like how most of them are above the heat shield but with it inside the truck does not look modified and goofy. I would like to know how much of difference in db's it makes. The other side of me says part of the fun is the noise.
The dynomax fits behind the shield ,can't tell its there unless you look close,(see my album) , the d b level diff is about 3, don't worry, there's still plenty of noise!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks