• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce oil leaks

When I bought this thing a year ago it would leave a small oil spot under the engine. The source was the oil filter housing. That was resealed and the lifter covers were tightened. It's all pretty dry up there now.
The transmission and transfer case always have a drop hanging from them. The steering box is wet on the bottom.
It seems every time I drive it it springs another leak from somewhere.
It outleaks any British car I've ever owned.
The largest leak at this time is the engine oil pan gasket, left side. I'd like to reseal the pan but have had no luck finding the gasket set. Are there any sources for these?
Thanks in advance for any help.

Dave

Those aren't leaks, it's the deuce's automatic rust prevention system.

Back in the day as a Jaguar technician we called it British rustproofing.

Thanks for all the responses.
I've tried Memphis, Saturn, Eric's and e#ay with no luck.
I might be cutting gaskets soon.

Cycletek

If it sits for a period of time, the seals shrink away from their sealing surfaces. When you operate the vehicle it will push some fluid out, till the seals swell from being wetted. This is a common occurrence with the Harley's I work on. The remedy is to operate your vehicle more often!.......:driver:

I drive my M813 daily, not one drop under it! :jumpin:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you have a point to posting that a 40 year old truck leaks a little? :)

That is an instant "Is there oil in it?" check. If the truck isn't marking its territory it's out of oil.

That being said I pulled my oil pan after our last outing in July and all it had was blue gasket sealer on it.

Did you have a point to posting that a 40 year old truck leaks a little? :)

That is an instant "Is there oil in it?" check. If the truck isn't marking its territory it's out of oil.

That being said I pulled my oil pan after our last outing in July and all it had was blue gasket sealer on it.

It doesn't leak a little, I can watch oil running down the pan rail and dripping on the ground while it runs.
It didn't occur to me that blue sealer would work on a green truck. You have enlightened me. Thanks Steve.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks