• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Spare Tire mount

Beyond Biodiesel

I have an M756A2, which has a similar spare tire mount that I have and I would like to use, but it seems to be missing a few parts, so it would be useful for me to fab the parts if someone would post photos of it. I did search the archives but did not find what I was looking for. Here is what I have.
M756A2.1767.3.jpg

Attachments

Beyond Biodiesel

Here are some pictures that might help:
Thanks a lot, Happyland1410, for the photos.
I have one that came off an Expando Van trailer, I'll sell you the whole nine yards for 25 bucks plus shipping. PM if interested.
Thanks, wreckerman893, it appears all I need is the plate that the two cables connect to in Happyland1410's second photo. Do you have it? How much? Can you ship to 86336? If so, how much? Can you take PayPal?
spare_tire_mount_05.2.jpg

Last edited:

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would recommend that when you mount it on the frame, you use a couple of washers to leave a space between the mount and the frame. That way moisture doesn't cause rusting there. I'm going to use grade 8 washers when I remount mine. I had heavy rust on the frame and mount where they were touching.

Beyond Biodiesel

I'll see if I have just a plate. I wouldn't want to canibalize a good one. I'll have several of them at the GA Rally in my sale pile.
A whole assembly is fine, or just the plate. Whatever works for you. I am in AZ. Can you ship what I need to me?

I would recommend that when you mount it on the frame, you use a couple of washers to leave a space between the mount and the frame. That way moisture doesn't cause rusting there. I'm going to use grade 8 washers when I remount mine. I had heavy rust on the frame and mount where they were touching.
Thanks, John S-B, for the good advice. I will do as you recommended.

Beyond Biodiesel

This weekend I drove to Tucson to purchase a spare from Jack's Gov'T Surplus. While there I also purchased the spare tire mounting bracket. Here are photos of the restoration.
View attachment 462286View attachment 462287View attachment 462288View attachment 462289View attachment 462290View attachment 462292View attachment 462293View attachment 462294View attachment 462295
Dimensional specs for anyone wishing to fabricate their own spare tire brackts:

Spare tire hoist bracket is .290” thick with a few layers of paint on it. It is .550" wide. Two each ¾” NF carriage bolts on 8 ¾” centers bolt to the wheel of the spare. The bracket is 12” long cut on a 12” radius. Two wire ropes feed through ½” holes on either side on 3 ½” centers. Two ¼” wire rope u-bolts hold the wire rope in place. They are on 1 ¼” centers. The long edges of the bracket have a .875 strengthening bend on a tight radius.

Jack's Gov'T Surplus
5181 E Drexel Rd, Tucson, AZ 85706
(520) 574-0300

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks