• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce throtle cable servicing

GoHot229

Yea it was at Saturn, the page with the green ovals, under 'cables' and from there about third from the bottom
With the throtle cable and the engine past the oil-up stage, 15-20 seconds to get the oil flowing from empty can mode, Many of us throtle up just a scoush to that point where our engine is at as smooth as it will run with as little throtle as possable, from there to warm the motor. In fact somewhere in the pm's or a pic of the Army Girl (dorky) it is said to idle where the least vibration exists. This I do..... Well my cable will pull out and throtle up.....but it slow by slowly is pulled back in and I come off of the sweet spot in the idle. My question is: can the cable be serviced? is there something on/in the cable that is a mechanisim? you know springs and ball bearing gizmo that lockes into the cog on the cable? And can it be pulled apart and cleaned or lubed or just what so it will hold position once it is pulled out..... so it wont slip back in, but instead stay in place? I'm hoping its not a complete replacement type of thing, it seems that all the Deuce parts were made 'designed' to be serviceable

Last edited:

GoHot229

Another reason this is needed to be functional is because of the onset of colder weather on the horizon, it is October already. I see in other posts where the motor needs to have a face shield Arctic cover and it is recomended to idle at 1,000 to build any kind of heat with a water heater or just to run in some knid of operating temp.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
It was so long ago, I don't remember. I think the bar that locks it in the out position was bent or something. I do know it wouldn't hold the throttle position no matter what I did, so it got swapped.

GoHot229

A smart move Gimpyrobb, its just that at $12.50 from the supplier, its sort of foolish to mess with the original. But I'm sort of from the old school where its more of a chalenge to fix something and facilitate a repair, rather than at the onset of any problem throw money at it and replace stuff. It takes a clever person to 'fix' rather than take the short route of replacement At $12.50 its hardly worthy of even having a thread probably.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Never know till you ask. I ended up just weeks ago putting in a vernier cable for my throttle. I got tired of one click being too much, and the next click being too little.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any savings really adds up fast, when you have multiple trucks!

$12.50 will get you a nice hot cup of coffee at Starbucks!:-D

emr

There is a cable lube spray can i have seen at a kowasaki dealer, that has a thing that goes over the end of a cable and the sprayer concetraites the fluid down the shaft, i had to have it, but have not used it yet, it seem to me the only way to do a cable,,,good luck, i also would rather fix it...randy

GoHot229

There is a cable lube spray can i have seen at a kowasaki dealer, that has a thing that goes over the end of a cable and the sprayer concetraites the fluid down the shaft, i had to have it, but have not used it yet, it seem to me the only way to do a cable,,,good luck, i also would rather fix it...randy
I'v seen stuff like that, for me its an unknown if lubeing actually makes it worse than running it dry. I'll likely pull it off and get the new one from Saturn, but before I do, Ill dismantel it and take a look, who knows? And, yea it was Saturn, on the page with all the oval listings, choosing title, Cables, then about third from the bottom.
www.saturnsurplus.com

Last edited:

SasquatchSanta

I took the cables on the M37 (The Pumpkin) that I built apart and dosed them with graphite. They work good but probably weren't broke in the first place.

I had to install a hevier foot feed return spring because every once in a while the engine wouldn't idle down completely.

The other morning I made the mistake of not pushing down on the pedal to set the throttle cable and the cable came unfastened where it connects to the pump. I haven't got under the truck yet to check it out but from the top side it looks like the cable simply slipped out. I hope nothing on the pump broke. Like Roseanna Roseanna Danna says: "It's always something."

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks