• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

diesel/gas mix in a deuce

jimmcld

If someone offered you a deal on some contaminated unleaded gas (comtaminated with diesel fuel) would it be worth it to burn in a deuce?

Barrman

If it is less than $1.00 per gallon, then go for it. Just remember that diesel is the base fuel the engine likes the most. Heavy on gasoline will work, but starting might take a little longer, power will be down some and there is probably water in the fuel as well. (I write that because I have yet to get any "free" fuel that didn't have water in it.) Check your filters often once you start running it.

velociT

I spike a normal tank of ULSD with a quart of TCW3 2-stroke oil...

So if you do, i'd probably recommend 2-4 quarts of 2 stroke oil and then splash mix the gas/diesel blend on top of it.

RAYZER

I spike a normal tank of ULSD with a quart of TCW3 2-stroke oil..

yes! the modern day diesel has insuficent lubrication for the multifuel, i pour a gal of filtered wmo in with my diesel, i plan on running 50-50 wmo and diesel on my 900 mile round trip to the ga rally!!

JCKnife

While we're talking about mixes and blends...I assume synthetic oil is OK in the fuel tank in the same ratios as regular WMO?

broman78

Hey Jim, I'm thinking about going to UNT for the homecoming game would you be a good christian and supply your SS brethen with some of that contaminated gold. I won't be able to make it this year with my truck to the game. I would just get some cheap wally world 2 stroke oil.

Jake0147

While we're talking about mixes and blends...I assume synthetic oil is OK in the fuel tank in the same ratios as regular WMO?
Unless your oil comes from Europe, You'll prolly burn more synthetic in the oil that wasn't badged as synthetic than you will from the oil that is badged as synthetic. The US has very low standards when it comes to oil.

emr

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am getting bad gas from the boat dealer here, the boat mechanics, say as soon as a boat does not start they say"bad gas first, sad but true, the deuce is very very happy with the "bad gas.:) i am doing about a 50 / 50mix,

emr

2 stroke oil is smart, that is what is was designed for, any oil will do though, but some are better than others, trans fluid, and hydraulic oil, are awesome, basically the same stuff, so 10 wt oil would be good too. heavier oil will be bad on cool morns i would think... remember all oil mixes together , yes they do, none are bad for your truck, well to much of a good thing can be terrible though... :)i sure would steer clear of heavier oils.. but thats about it... as for the new diesel being bad, there were" all kinds of rumors about that, but ALL trucks are pounding down the highways just fine.

Kalashnikov

Just be careful if the truck has been sitting awhile/old fuel lines because the gas, if there is a lot in the ratio, will loosen up all the crap in the fuel lines and clog the filters and possibly the injectors a tad. Your truck looks clean enough not to have to worry though.

Last edited:

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
just be aware that the fuel is all that lubes the HH piston. yes the multifuel will burn straight gas, but only in an emergency and not for that long until the HH is toast. plenty of added oil to the fuel for lubing is a must.

tom

THEROAD

I would not run bad gas in any of M35's. Bad boat gas is got to be the worst idea ever. All gas in NJ contains ethanol. In marine applications water in the fuel and phase separation are big problems. Just doesn't make sense to me. I would rather buy good diesel and fuel conditioner then a new injector pump or motor. Plus having to the broken down 14,000 pound vehicle towed home. I don't put many miles on either of my rigs, but I get premium diesel delivered to the house for around 2.50 a gallon.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks