• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

DIY air bleed screw for filter changes

Gunfreak25

Can a guy TEE in a petcock on the output side of the firewall filter where it goes to the injection pump? Sort of a cheap DIY air bleed valve to work in conjunction with the spin on filter and electric lift pump upgrade most of us do. Should work in theory correct? Being that is is the highest point in the system.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Moved to correct forum.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You could, but GM has provided a bleeder valve at the top of the filter housing already. On the top of the filter housing on the passenger side there is a black round valve. It has a cross shape on it. There is a small line coming out near it. When you change your filter, turn this valve counter clock wise about 1/2 turn. Then disconnect the big pink wire on your injector pump. Then crank the engine until fuel comes out of the little line by the valve. Then close the valve and reinstall the big pink wire. Then start the engine and let it idle a bit. Check for leaks.

Gunfreak25

To clarify I have a Napa spin on head with no air bleed provision. Sounds like it will work as intended though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks