• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dodge 12 Valve vs. Industrial?

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 24 valve in the heavy duty package will develop over 300 HP, BUT the electronics are proprietary to Dodge-RAM, which makes it VERY Expensive to change around.

cbrTodd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Dodge 6bt 12V had a smaller capacity oil pan than the others, to make it fit in the chassis. It had a Dodge only flywheel housing and engine mount system as well. There were many different versions of flywheel housings and engine mounts for other applications. I know that the lower ratings had a different piston than the higher ones (at least in the p-pump configuration) - the top ring is farther down in the high hp version. I found that out when I had to get oversize pistons for mine. I have heard that the rotary pump and p pump had different intake port swirl cast into the heads. I'm not an expert on them but those are things I found when I was looking for one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks