• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Does anyone know where I can find the tailgate strap panel

Gamble

I have looked high and low for these. I can't find one on epay or in any of the forums. Screenshot_20230309_195201.jpg

It's this green panel that fastens to the tailgate and has the straps mounted to it. Please let me know if anyone has one or can locate one.

Thanks

Last edited:

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know they set up is to carry the camo netting and pole set up but why was this plate necessary on this model that I believe is a tow missile model.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks like it is for a different purpose to carry a portable folding tripod for the tow missle launcher instead of the camo net set up.

Maybe is also removable and used as a base for the tripod and launcher on sand and soft soil? Swag

BLK HMMWV

I thought the tripod mounted inside.
My tailgate just had loops mounted directly to it.
Tripod mounting plate was attached directly to side of left fender well.
Locking ring that attached T&E to tripod head held tripod in place.
I've seen camo netting attached to rear tailgate using footman loops and straps.

GTUnit

Actually the panel I have is not the one OP posted. Its the one in these photos. From a M1167.Anyone know what this variation is for?
The panel is curved and wraps around the cargo hatch when flipped up.

42bd418f-5dba-44d3-a1c8-1c21ff9608a8.jpg6d180bb4-cabb-43e4-a01f-aac89ff56bd2.jpgefd22b03-f728-4a8a-88e2-7999cdb894d7.jpg

Reactions: OBX

BLK HMMWV

Never seen one of those before.
From the antenna protector above the antenna hole your truck was a TOW variant.
A later variant then mine.
Perhaps they stowed a ground tripod on that.
My guess would be the Camo netting and support poles.

Reactions: OBX

Crapgame

Looks like it is for a different purpose to carry a portable folding tripod for the tow missle launcher instead of the camo net set up.

Maybe is also removable and used as a base for the tripod and launcher on sand and soft soil? Swag
I believe SOP was to carry the entire ground mount parts for the M220 TOW system in case the HMMWV goes mammaries vertical you can still accomplish the mission. The USMC MG Section Weapons Carriers carried the M3 Tripods for the M2HB .50BMG and Mk19 40mm in the slant's cargo bed even though the weapon system was mounted in the turret.

Note: During Gulf War 1, SF ODAs inserted with ground mount M220 TOW systems to surveil the MSRs with the day/night tracker as well as use it for defense against enemy armored vehicle. The tripod to M220 TOW is surpisingly light. Lighter than the steel/brass bipod we had to hump for the M29A1 then later on M252 81mm Mortars.

Crapgame

I know they set up is to carry the camo netting and pole set up but why was this plate necessary on this model that I believe is a tow missile model.
My theory: with the camo net and pole bag strapped to the gate, on a truck with A2 (or A1) airlift bumper installed, you can't lower the tail gate without unstrapping the net and poles, first.

This bracket looks like you can unfasten the center 2in strap assy and the net/poles or M22o TOW Tripod will pivot out enough to clear the Airlift Bumper. This is even more important in the armored truck, we could reach our shit in the cargo bed from the crew compartment in the M1025 but the M11xx armored trucks have that armored c pillar divider.

papakb

1679630229247.png

This parts truck just showed up in a listing about: Introduction & warning in this forum. Isn't that the strap rack your looking for? You might PM the owner since he says he's going to scrap some of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks