• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

door latch screw size?

TexAndy

I dropped one of the door latch screws (one of the three on the inside of the cab arrayed around the inside door handle) in the grass while reinstalling the mechanism on my 923a2 the other day. Cannot for the life of me find it.

Measuring one of the identical screws, it appears to measure .207 dia and about 24 tpi.

So I ordered some #12 screws (hardware store had #10 fine or coarse and 1/4-20 but no #12).

Nominal dia of .210... also 24 tpi. And it feels like it wants to cross-thread when I go to install it.

None of the metric sizes seem close.

What the heck? I can't find a reference to what the actual size/thread of these screws are anywhere.

Is it actually a #12-24 screw and the fit class is weird or something or is it another size entirely?

TexAndy

well, it's definitely 12-24. I made it work. Turned screw in a half a turn with resistance, backed it out, checked threads, rinsed and repeat. Got it all the way in with no cross threading. Threads look a little shiny but otherwise not really deformed. I think it must have been just a slightly different class of fit or something.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks