• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Door stop strap fix

JonM934

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the doors in these trucks are stopped from flying open all the way by a strap at the inside bottom of the door. My strap was broken like this.

IMG_20200110_153453.jpg

The driver door would get caught by the wind, fly open, and hit the mirrors. The old strap was 2 inches wide and black. On Amazon, I found a 2 inches brown strap at a good price so I bought it and hoped it would work.

IMG_20200110_151826.jpg

I like the brown color better than the black. So I pulled all the pieces apart and then figured out how to fix it. I then realized that all I needed to take off was the plate with two bolts at each end. After removing the bolts, the plate will not come off because it is glued. So I used a chisel to break the plate off and then used the bolts to put it back on without any glue.

IMG_20200110_161742.jpg

I cut the strap in half to get the correct length and so one strap will fix two doors. I have half a strap left if anyone needs to fix their door.

So the bottom line is that it worked great and it is adjustable! The original strap was not adjustable.

IMG_20200110_163542.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks