• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Down Deuce

Knoxdp

I bought a deuce and a half tried to make it back to Knoxville Tennessee blew the rear main seal covered clutch and oil she won't move anybody have a way of hauling it for me I got cash it's in Northern Kentucky right now 3 hour drive 240 miles it will drive onto a trailer

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-850F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I bought a deuce and a half tried to make it back to Knoxville Tennessee blew the rear main seal covered clutch and oil she won't move anybody have a way of hauling it for me I got cash it's in Northern Kentucky right now 3 hour drive 240 miles it will drive onto a trailer

Sent from my Lenovo TB3-850F using Tapatalk
You might try PM'ing simp5782
He is from memphis but hauls stuff all over the south .

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
99% sure that the seal is NOT blown; that you have other problems... But that, we can address later.

1. Secure truck with wheel chocks!!
  2. Make sure the engine is not simply overfilled with oil - or worse, oil plus fuel!? Fill to CORRECT level!
  3. Remove this cover plate...Clutch inspection cover.JPG, get a quart of brake cleaner (in a squirt bottle) and start squirting up, towards center of pressure plate - trying to hit the clutch disc;
  4. Start engine, idle for 1/2 a minute with clutch depressed;
  5. Shut off engine, possibly have a helper pressing down on the clutch pedal. Then get underneath and squirt more cleaner;
  6. Repeat steps 4) & 5);
  7. Leave inspection cover open and drive home.

G.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And make sure the transmission oil is one knuckle under the fill hole. Transmission is the usual source of oil in bellhousing.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
And make sure the transmission oil is one knuckle under the fill hole. Transmission is the usual source of oil in bellhousing.
This.

Pull the fill plug and see where the level is. Smell the oil, is it gear oil? If so, go to the steps outlined by G in post number 3!

I've had it happen more than once in different trucks. Once the level is even with the fill plug, pull the drain plug and drain another 12-16oz. You should be fine to drive home after that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks