• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Drag link removal

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
It appears that to remove the drag link just remove cotter pins and back out threaded retainers. Am I correct?.
You are correct, easier if the front end is jacked up, or you have a helper in the cab.

I took the caps all the way out and removed the spring and bushing.

Last edited:

bones1

Big difference in the two. I had mine like yours at first but couldn't tighten the screws enough to get the cotter pins in. Had to screw it out this far to install without pitman or steering arm changing position and to get the cotter pins in.

bones1

air o matic.jpgI found some pictures of take off units and both looked like these pictures with 1.5 in or more of threads exposed.What do you think?. Looks to be about how far mine is threaded out.I don't know how you got yours on without moving either the pitman arm or the arm on the wheel.WTF.jpg

Last edited:

ivbeenrokd

Hmmm, mine doesn't have that canister at the frame connector. Is that an air dryer or something?

I won't know about the draglink on mine for a few more weeks. I still have to get the rear suspension put in and then install the lift for the front before I'll be moving again....

Did you measure the length of your original drag link vs. the new one?

Let me know if you have even turning lock to lock on yours.

bones1

that's an air regulator with the small black hard plastic line and the other two lines are the exhaust hoses out of the bottom of the unit.I think they were added later, don't need them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks