• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Draining all fluids

bobs461

Aloha all. I was asked if I knew someone who could drain all the fluids of all three of these beasts. Someone mentioned a person died trying to do the same thing! I assume there was a hydraulic accumulator that discharged killing that person? Does anyone have procedures on bleeding/draining the hydraulic system and all the fluids? They need it drained, so they can "dispose" these vehicles. A plus would be getting information of the weight, as it will need to lifted via crane on a lowboy. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is my first time posting. Thanks gang!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bobs461

Aloha all. I was asked if I knew someone who could drain all the fluids of all three of these beasts. Someone mentioned a person died trying to do the same thing! I assume there was a hydraulic accumulator that discharged killing that person? Does anyone have procedures on bleeding/draining the hydraulic system and all the fluids? They need it drained, so they can "dispose" these vehicles. A plus would be getting information of the weight, as it will need to lifted via crane on a lowboy. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is my first time posting. Thanks gang!

Can someone help me i.d. these vehicles so I can search the web? Thanks all

bobs461

Pictured are M113A1 series APC and M578 wrecker. Make sure everyone involved understands that these items are the property of the US Military and MUST be turned in to a DRMO office or the CMH if the organization that took them on loan is folding.
Thank you so much for the great information, I sincerely appreciate it.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
Just take the TM's and read them.
This is not the time to get hurt.
Do You have the TM's for those machines?

If not post the nomenclature of each of those machines and you can get the help you want/need.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only thing maintenance wise that will kill you on APCs is the rear door. Disconnect the lines from the hydraulic cylinder, unlatch the door while standing under it and you will meet your maker.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks