• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Driving my m1009 from Chicago to denver tomorrow 6/12

Ilikemtb999

I had to leave my m1009 at my folks house a few months ago when I moved from Chicago to Denver (turns out it was too wide for any available trailer I could rent).

I was finally able to get back to Chicago to make the 1,000 mile trip back to denver in it. I'm both excited and nervous. I figure I'd keep it at its comfortable cruising speed of 60-65mph the whole way. I've done fluid checks, lug nut check air pressure and I drove it for a good hour today running around town and all was well.

Any other suggestions/advice?

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Carry a spare fuel filter. I had to drive 6 hours away once to change the filter on my truck that my daughter was driving to go get my son. He needed to tow a disabled Vette back to our place for me to fix. I sent her because I was at work. She was towed to a place with three truck stops but no replacement filter for those six hours. I had to abruptly leave work early and make the drive. It took me 5 minutes to change the filter. Wound up taking two vehicles and three people (and a towing bill) to retrieve the Vette. And don't get me started on working on Vettes.

I always carry spare filters for my diesel vehicles now.