• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual rifle dash mount source?

DutchmanZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I want to install one of the dual rifle M14/M16 dash mounts in ole Blue. I’ve searched and struck out in the normal places. Does anyone have a source or one in their parts stash?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I had to change the wording in my search but I was able to find one at a reasonable price on EBay.
Found a thread here with pictures and mounting tips...

Reactions: 98G

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One note on the USGI rifle mounts. There is nothing but a steel receptacle for the butt of the rifles. This bare steel can mess up a pristine butt stock. I cut out 1/4" thick pieces of rubber that fit inside the receptacles for the butt stock to rest on. This significantly helps protect the butt of the rifle, but you can still scratch the sides of the butt with the steel receptacle. You could also line the sides of the receptacle with some soft material to help prevent this. You can also add some soft material to the top to protect this portion of the rifle as well, although I didn't do that. Another note is that the rifle mount is designed for M14 and M16 rifles. It will also securely hold other models as well, but it will not work with an M1 Garand.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
One note on the USGI rifle mounts. There is nothing but a steel receptacle for the butt of the rifles. This bare steel can mess up a pristine butt stock. I cut out 1/4" thick pieces of rubber that fit inside the receptacles for the butt stock to rest on. This significantly helps protect the butt of the rifle, but you can still scratch the sides of the butt with the steel receptacle. You could also line the sides of the receptacle with some soft material to help prevent this. You can also add some soft material to the top to protect this portion of the rifle as well, although I didn't do that. Another note is that the rifle mount is designed for M14 and M16 rifles. It will also securely hold other models as well, but it will not work with an M1 Garand.
Moleskin - like you would find at the drug store for shoes that rub a blister on your foot - works pretty well as a "scuff shield" for rifle racks.

Moleskin.jpg

They also make Moleskin without the "sticky" on the back. For long term padding in a hot environment (think big truck!) I have used it that way with superglue and had good results. This stuff also works if you are hunting squeaks. Spot of the sticky stuff and if the noise goes away you can engineer a more proper and permanent fix.

-

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I had thought about using some sort of rubberized under coating spray or maybe even plasti-dip on my lower mounts.
Rubber coating would definitely be the way to go! Kinda like the stuff you can buy to coat the handles of hand tools... It would be a lot more durable!

Heck of a plan Godspeed131 !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks