• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dual Voltage Gen in Deuce

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Have anyone installed a Dual Voltage Generator/400 amps in a Deuce. A2 or A3?
I attempted to today and can say unequivocally that it will never happen.

The overall diameter of the 400A unit is such that is hits the dipstick tube and if that weren't in the way, the water pump housing would be. Not to mention you'd have to fabricate a new mount because the ears on the 400A unit don't match up and best of all, the length of the alternator shaft is such that even if you got a pulley that would work, the shaft would hit the fan blades.

See images:

IMAG0650.jpgIMAG0649.jpgIMAG0648.jpgIMAG0647.jpgIMAG0646.jpg

I installed onenin my deuceband it literally was a bolt it in. No mods needed that I can remember.
The OP is asking about the 400A unit-is that what you installed? If so, I'd like to see it and see how you did it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks