• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Dyed fuel question

F18hornetM

Just brought home a M931 that I bought from GL. Was wondering if anyone ever picked up a truck that had dyed fuel in it? Does the military use dyed fuel?
Looking in these 2 (full) tanks, sure looks pretty red. As you know diesel is brownish/gold usually. I have used dyed fuel before in farm equipment so I have seen it before. Last truck I bought from GL, {M813} had normal colored diesel fuel in it.
Just curious if anyone has ran into this.

2mtrucks

Yes...mine was filled to the top with it, which surprised me. I inquired about it here and apparently it is very common. It was, in fact common enough that there are several threads pertaining to it on this site and the thread was locked. I didn't look first...my mistake. I guess at the very least the government is smart enough not to tax itself and owe itself a large refund at the end of the year.

F18hornetM

I've been on here long enough to know to search first other wise you'll wish you hadn't asked the question. I did come up with many posts about dyed fuel but none where the truck came with it. If I missed the post sorry!!
Also google searched it to with not much except the Gov is tax exempt. {of course} but did t really say they used dyed fuel. I don't remember red diesel when I was in the Marines and like I said my M813 didn't have it in it. I'll drain some out, and if it turns out to be dyed, looks like my tractors and mowers will have 116 gallons of fuel!!!
Thanks for the reply!

F18hornetM

Dug around some more and found the post you were referring to. It didnt say he bought it from GL, but later I found where someone else in his thread said they did. Thanks a lot. Funny though my 2 trucks came from the same guard unit.

F18hornetM

Oh I know you weren't. I was just stating for those who do the admonishing that I did research before they could say "Did you look?"" LOL. We absolutely should research before posting a question but also should feel free to have a conversation. Just my 2 cents worth. Thanks for the replies guys, I'll bet you that's what's in it. Will check tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks