• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

East to West - PNW 2011 convoy

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy Non-West Siders,

Since I saw elkhunter's 3 month bump for the Third Annual Chehalis River Valley M/V Convoy&Campout, I thought we should start planning our trek to the west side of the state.

Last year Varyag & myself made the trek via The Old Inland Empire Hwy & Hwy 12 htrough white pass. A very senic trip. I hear others (scotmanadam and panshark) might be new member of our convoy.

Since the trip takes a leisurely 6 hours, (or was it eight) we will be starting out early to try and beat Murphy to the West Side. As with last year, if you want to make it to Kennewick the day before, I have at least 2 spare beds and I am sure we can come up with more space if needed. And as always you're welcome to pull up and camp on the property.

Here is a link to a google map of last years route.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcomi...chehalis-river-valley-m-v-convoy-campout.html

I figure if we try to get out of here near 8AM on Friday the 15th, do lunch in Yakima area, Stop for cherries on the west side of Yakima, spit pits all the way to across the pass, we will make Aaron's by early evening. If we have more family along, maybe plan a couple more stops in the more scenic areas. But still get to Aaron's in time to set up camp before the light falls.

Also I am in favor, if you guys have the time off, to trek up on Thursday. But more discussion on that later.

Just like in http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcomi...chehalis-river-valley-m-v-convoy-campout.html thread, make sure your equipment is in top working order. I will pack a towbar and lights so if we do get a disabled vehicle we can tow it to safety and make a plan to continue from there.

I will take the next thread entry for a roster and trip related info.

Happy Trails - let's make tracks.......

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is where we will keep a roster and trip related info.

Departing: 08:00 Friday July 15th, 2011

MEMBER-------------MV/TRAILER--------------STATUS---------------OUT OF AREA

Varyag---------------------M35A2/M105A2------------------Yes---------------------------Garfield,WA

Scoutmanadam----------M35A2-----------------------------AWOL------------------------Pasco, WA

quarkz---------------------M813A1/M105A2-----------------Yes---------------------------Kennewick, WA

Panshark------------------Civy--------------------------------AWOL------------------------Idaho Falls, ID

Last edited:

scoutmanadam

im in, it will either be just the deuce, or the deuce and a van depending on if the wife goes or not. i know ill feel alot better going up with others instead of just myself just in case something happens

quarkz

Supreme Galactic Cleric
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just dusting this post off!

Anyone want to start making firm plans?

Aaron's dates are 15-17 July 2011 (Third Weekend in July), what are yours?

I have the Wednesday thru Monday off, so I am up for Thursday Travel, but will convoy with the group.

Any other Dry Siders wanting to make the trek?

Scoutmanadam how did your starter situation turn out? Are you still on board?

Do we want a different route than Hwy. 12?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks