• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ECV vs REV Series Trucks

Gamble

What are some real world benefits of the REV over the ECV? I understand it has the upgrade to the cooling stack (geared fan) and the cooled differentials but I'm not sure how meaningful the geared fan is over the ECV version or the cooled differentials.
Both models have the willwood brakes and the turbo 6.5 so when the rubber meats the road, what is the real benefit the REV has over the ECV?

Hummer Guy

What are some real world benefits of the REV over the ECV? I understand it has the upgrade to the cooling stack (geared fan) and the cooled differentials but I'm not sure how meaningful the geared fan is over the ECV version or the cooled differentials.
Both models have the willwood brakes and the turbo 6.5 so when the rubber meats the road, what is the real benefit the REV has over the ECV?
Replying here because I'm curious myself. Don't the REV have more heavy duty shocks and springs as well?

Action

Only REV have Wilwood brakes. No front diffs are cooled. REV has a heavier duty transfer case , NP2225. Re-engineered steering system, plastic master cylinder, helical gears in hubs other stuff.

FWIW, i drove mine over 500 miles 1 1/2 weeks ago, with a/c on. The fan did not come one once. Truck stayed 195-200. Outside was upper 70s. Up and down through mountains on interstate. Yes, my system works just fine. The REV fan is almost the width between airlift towers.

Reactions: OBX

Action

This is funny. The only place I can find any mention of "rev a" and "rev b" is on this Gear Reports web site. He also copywrited it? I asked where he got this info from. He could not give me an answer.
AFAIK, AMG has never mentioned REV A and REV B. They have ECV and REV trucks (both turbo).
Someone please correct me. And dont say we call it that because we saw it on a website.

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The first thing I see wrong is rear diff cooler listed in red (rev B). The rear diff cooler came out on the early turbos (ECV). They were cooled with Dexron. So, according to him, that should be rev a. not b.
the title isn't even correct. AMG calls it Reliability Enhanced Vehicle, not Enhancements.
It appears they lay claim to all the modifications since the A0

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is funny. The only place I can find any mention of "rev a" and "rev b" is on this Gear Reports web site. He also copywrited it? I asked where he got this info from. He could not give me an answer.
AFAIK, AMG has never mentioned REV A and REV B. They have ECV and REV trucks (both turbo).
Someone please correct me. And dont say we call it that because we saw it on a website.
Rule of thumb: If someone relies on youtube checks to put food on their table, they will generate any BS they can to get clicks.

Gamble

I did find the below document but it's the real world feedback you have detailed that is most valuable.
Only REV have Wilwood brakes. No front diffs are cooled. REV has a heavier duty transfer case , NP2225. Re-engineered steering system, plastic master cylinder, helical gears in hubs other stuff.

FWIW, i drove mine over 500 miles 1 1/2 weeks ago, with a/c on. The fan did not come one once. Truck stayed 195-200. Outside was upper 70s. Up and down through mountains on interstate. Yes, my system works just fine. The REV fan is almost the width between airlift towers.

Attachments

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the ability to identify a Newer model hmmwv with the term REV A or REV B in absence of a better term is priceless for those getting calls on a daily basis….while some seem to have a problem with this, I could frankly careless, when a customer calls and says “I have an M1165A1” that still leaves me asking questions.
it’s almost as bad as those who call and say they have a Hummer H1…but in fact it’s a Hmmwv.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks