• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electric Winch from Sherpa

Steve92307

Has anyone had any experience with the Sherpa Stallion 24k electric winches? They look pretty nice, can run on 12v or 24v power and also have steel cable or synthetic rope options. They claim these winches can easily handle 30k. I'm look to put a winch on my M923 but the hydraulic setups are quite expensive. One of the Sherpas with all the different options is less than 2k for everything including wiring. Looking to get everyone's thoughts! Thanks guys and Merry Christmas!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Has anyone had any experience with the Sherpa Stallion 24k electric winches? They look pretty nice, can run on 12v or 24v power and also have steel cable or synthetic rope options. They claim these winches can easily handle 30k. I'm look to put a winch on my M923 but the hydraulic setups are quite expensive. One of the Sherpas with all the different options is less than 2k for everything including wiring. Looking to get everyone's thoughts! Thanks guys and Merry Christmas!
I very recently read an article here about the Sherpa. Seems that with a little effort, their Customer Service took care of one of our members that had a failure under warranty. Just need to remember that an electric winch isn't anywhere near as powerful as the hydraulic or shaft driven winch running off the PTO. It will help you out of a tight spot, but you still have to give some thought to which mud pits you want to play in :cool:

Merry Christmas!

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
There isn't a tree within 150mi of you that you could hook to winch yourself out.

They have their failures. 939 winch setups are cheap. They can be found under 2k for everything and its pto driven

Steve92307

I very recently read an article here about the Sherpa. Seems that with a little effort, their Customer Service took care of one of our members that had a failure under warranty. Just need to remember that an electric winch isn't anywhere near as powerful as the hydraulic or shaft driven winch running off the PTO. It will help you out of a tight spot, but you still have to give some thought to which mud pits you want to play in :cool:

Merry Christmas!
Great info, thanks! Merry Christmas!

Steve92307

There isn't a tree within 150mi of you that you could hook to winch yourself out.

They have their failures. 939 winch setups are cheap. They can be found under 2k for everything and its pto driven
LOL, yea your def right about the trees Wes!! I would eventually probably do the hydraulic in long run anyway but I got other things I wanna do first. Thanks! Merry Christmas!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks