• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Electricity

mutt_r

First I am not a guru in a vehicle's electricity. But I have a problem with my Goat where some help or a good advice might be very helpful.

This is the situation:

When I am on the brake pedal or setting the turn signal to the right, the bulb on the carrier's right hand (driver's side) is not working. It is just dark. With a multimeter I can measure just 16.7V instead of over 24V. Perhaps a cable going against ground? The turn light in front of the Goat is working fine.

I continued checking all cables from the inter-vehicular connector between the tractor and the carrier's rear lamps thinking of a ground problem. But all cables are okay.

So I opened the tractor's dash panel to see if there is something causing the problem.

Well, cable #37 has been cut by someone. From the wiring diagram this cable should go thru the whole harness and will end at the trailer connector (marked as "Aux Power"). For what was this used? A special trailer behind the Goat's carrier?

Next thing I am wondering: The bulb for high beam in the instrument cluster is "on" while head light is on. But I have not pushed the high beam button. When I push the high beam button, this high beam indicator is becoming much more brighter. I do not know this from my M151, so I think something might be wrong, too.

Is it possible that the light switch is causing my headache?

Your turn ...

dmetalmiki

That does sound like an earthing problem. (grounding). I alleays use a "hot" wire straight from a battery positive (+) and with the sharp probe at the other end poke the wiers at various points (enroute) to see if light come up bright, or it that lamp goes out on low beam. Same goes for earthing at various points. >in the EARTH circuit (only).
So, good clean positive supplies. And good clean earthing points.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks