• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine ID

Towerguy1

Is there a quick way to verify if it is a 6.2 or a 6.5? WMO tag or block casting #? Going to try to reserect a couple for a local SAR Group.

Westech

CPL
6.2's are NA engines and 6.5 are the turbos. I don't know if there was a 6.5 NA engine or not.. I have not seen any here.. but that does not mean a lot. I'm sure someone will chime in with more info.

Towerguy1

I have been told that there were a few 6.5s that made it out there without the turbos, I think the casting # would be the most positive ID. Im sure one of the guys here must have the different numbers........

Chief_919

6.2's are NA engines and 6.5 are the turbos. I don't know if there was a 6.5 NA engine or not.. I have not seen any here.. but that does not mean a lot. I'm sure someone will chime in with more info.
Lots of NA 6.5's out there in HMMWV's. AM General makes brand news ones right now for the rebuild programs.

The sure way to tell is block casting numbers-these are 6.5's:

10149599 (92-93 blocks.could be 6.2 or 6.5),

A 506 cast by Navistar is the best, it will have "506" in raised dots in the galley under the intake and the cast Navistar Diamond logo.

Generally if it has a serpentine belt drive it is a 6.5, but that is not a sure thing.

Wolf.Dose

If you are standing in front of your truck and looking down at the engine on the left front side you will found a cast in 6.2L. So the identification should be clear. In the CUCV series it is down below the second altinator.
Wolf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks