• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Engine oil cooler lines resting on exhaust manifold

Gamble

Does anyone else have this strange issue? The [engine] oil cooling line(s) rests on one of the exhaust pipes coming off the engine. The line was being melted through by the heat of the exhaust pipe. I wrapped it in heat resistant material but I thought this was insane. Has anyone else looked behind their doghouse and discovered this? It's in the lower left corner of the doghouse at the bottom. Actually right below the doghouse on the left side.

Attachments

Last edited:

Action

Trans cooler lines are on the RH side of the engine.
The red circle in your diagram pic is of the LH side of the radiator. The hoses in that diagram are the engine oil cooler lines, as seen in the heading at the bottom of that page. Those oil cooler lines (in the diagram) run down the top of the frame rail and end up by the oil filter.

What engine do you have?

Action

you might want to straighten that bent metal, or your doghouse may not seal well. Heat and noise levels will be higher while driving. Maybe other stuff is damaged in that area? Inspect your doghouse seal for damage, too.

1633690327049.png

Gamble

Trans cooler lines are on the RH side of the engine.
The red circle in your diagram pic is of the LH side of the radiator. The hoses in that diagram are the engine oil cooler lines, as seen in the heading at the bottom of that page. Those oil cooler lines (in the diagram) run down the top of the frame rail and end up by the oil filter.

What engine do you have?
6.5 Non Turbo

Action

I guess either no one else has this issue or is unaware of it.
Put the hoses where they are supposed to be. In the diagram you posted, you see the bracket (#15) that bolts to frame rail near the steering gear box. Then the next bracket down the line is on the motor mount near the frame rail.
the hoses do not run next to the exhaust.

Gamble

Put the hoses where they are supposed to be. In the diagram you posted, you see the bracket (#15) that bolts to frame rail near the steering gear box. Then the next bracket down the line is on the motor mount near the frame rail.
the hoses do not run next to the exhaust.
The hoses don't run next to the manifold? Hmm guess I need a pic to see that. Seems my hoses have been that way since receipt. Interesting.

Action

I forgot that you have a different manifold. TM 9-2320-280-20-has decent pics. If you can’t get the up off the exhaust, see if there is any slack up front to allow the hoses to be pulled back. All clamps would need to be loosened.

my bad on my directions. The TM mentioned zip ties. I dont know if those are important.
1634048073867.jpeg
1634048141521.jpeg

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are different length hoses with angled ends...maybe they got installed in the wrong order and clocking of end when tightening.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I forgot that you have a different manifold. TM 9-2320-280-20-has decent pics. If you can’t get the up off the exhaust, see if there is any slack up front to allow the hoses to be pulled back. All clamps would need to be loosened.

my bad on my directions. The TM mentioned zip ties. I dont know if those are important.
View attachment 847763
View attachment 847764
And by the way Gamble there are stainless steel zip ties. That way you don't have to keep repairing the plastic ties every few years as the heat and old age work on them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks