• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ETW1 Carb. Adjustment

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am rebuilding my ETW1 carb and need to replace the low speed needle valve. Can someone tell me a good starting adjustment for this needle upon reassembly?

Bill W

If by chance your referring to the idle adjustment screw in the base of the carb, Carter recommends 1/2-1 1/2 turns out

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will tag on another question someone may be able to answer. On my ETW1, the fuel intake needle in made up of 3 pieces. The needle (which is hollow), a spring and a small plunger shaft which rests against the float tab. The rebuild kit I purchased has a one piece needle. Will either one work?

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Bill. Do you use the whole kit or just the needle? Does it come with instructions adjustment of the float level with this setup?

Bill W

If your rebuild kit came with the one piece needle than the float adjustment specs for the napa needle will be the same as the rebuild kit needle. You can use both the needle and seat or just the needle, if I remember correctly ( 14yrs ago ) I used both. The viton tipped needle worked so nice on my carb that I went and bought another just in case napa discontinued them ( Still have it!! )

Attachments

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is a supplement to TM 9-1826A. Chapters 12 and 13. 12 is the carb and 13 is the governor. I got mine from Midwest Military.

Dalton

Yes ( but would have to use a different float level adjustment if you go and use the old 3 piece )
If you have the solid steel tipped needle throw it out and buy the one piece viton tipped needle kit from NAPA, the part# for the kit that will fit the ETW1 is 2-3516 http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Result.aspx?Ntt=23516&Ntk=Keyword&Nty=1&Dn=0&D=23516&Dk=1&Dp=3&N=0

Can anyone tell me what the proper float level would be for the two different needle types?

Thanks

scottgs

I just went through this sort of thing on my WC-63's carb. I found that I had to also replace the valve seat/inlet fitting in order for the new rubber tipped needle valve to work right. The needle would not seal completely until I did this, and the float level was so far off I couldn't adjust it. I have no idea what the original seat/inlet fitting was, or if it was original or correct etc. It was just clear that they had to go together as a set, and so I just went with what worked using the new parts.

Garret

joseph m37

I will tag on another question someone may be able to answer. On my ETW1, the fuel intake needle in made up of 3 pieces. The needle (which is hollow), a spring and a small plunger shaft which rests against the float tab. The rebuild kit I purchased has a one piece needle. Will either one work?
i would use the old needle make sure its clean,and reinstall it,the aftermarket kits a re junk, they dont hold to specs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks