• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

European auctions

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are a few auction websites in Europe that occasionally have interesting MV stuff, including ongoing now an auction called
SURPLUS Veiling (auction) ex US Army 3977 .

For smaller things, this might even be interesting for people in the USA. To give an example, I have seen 5-ton trucks for sale here, US-style tow bars allison gearboxes, hoods of hummers amo boxes, hawker armasafe batteries. The latter one I saw too late, brand new for 140$ auaaua.

I hope this is not against regulations, since I do not collude on a specific lot.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And, unbelievingly, a 55,000 lbs empty weight dumper truck. Anybody want to move some send or rocks in his/her back garden?

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Happened again, for one moment, I thought I should jump in and take this thing with me to the USA next year to make somebody happy: an overhauled Allison transmission for OSHKOSH, SNS 2520-01-587-4634, part number E019041 for 340 €.

allison transmission 1.jpg allison 3.jpg allsion 2.jpg

Then the bidding almost closed and people started to play a nerve game with the three minute rule, and it jumped in 10 minutes to 1,050 € ( $ 1,200) closing bid. Still a good price I think, but not for quick cheap tricks.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is that Allison something I should have jumped on for that price?

I don't need to earn money on it, but maybe it could help somebody in dire need of such a thing, don't know how common they are stateside. If you are not in a hurry, shipping it by sea cargo to the USA would be around $ 300 extra., the longer you can wait, the cheaper it becomes.

They also had a few Humvee hoods, although they described it as Hummer hoods. Then again, in Europe, Deuces and 5-tons are always referred to as REO's, regardless who is the actual manufacturer. Actually, apart from using the M35 cabin, 5-ton truck were never manufactured by REO.

Just some trivia to the side, I did not know that REO actually stands for Randsom E. Olds, the original manufacturer of the Oldsmobile. Below his 1904 Oldsmobile Runabout (thanks to wiki commons).

420px-Oldsmobile_Curved_Dash_Runabout_1904_2.jpg

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
To make your eye and mouths dribble a bit more. The prices are final auction prices.

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Mustang 1965 - 8000.jpg
Ford Mustang 1965, original US papers and import to EU. Price $ 9,050

Mustang 1967 - 10750.jpg
Ford Mustang 1967, ditto, Price $ 12,160

Mustang 2005 - 12750.jpg
Ford Mustang 2005, price $ 14,430

Harley 2021 with damage - 9900.jpg
Harley Davidson, XL883 54 CI V-TWIN 2021
US salvage title and Dutch import papers ready
Price $11,200

Studebaker 1952 - 8100.jpg
Studebaker 1952, type 2R10-22 Pickup Truck 170CI I6
US papers. Price $ 9,170

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Mustangs and the truck are nice but the HD with a salvage title is way to high even if it is a 2021.
Looked up one here in the states and a new one starts at $9,749 and goes up from there with options.
So, I’ll take one of the Mustangs please.😁

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not that into sports cars, always liked more rugged things better, like the Toyota BJ40s The two exceptions are the Mustang and the Jag XK120. Recently saw some modern Mustangs, and I have to say they still appeal to me.

As to the auctions, I think too many "ordinary" people already know about these big online auctions. As result, you get this hysterical bidding at the last minute of people who are scared to miss out on a deal, not realizing that it already is not a good deal anymore at this price. I think the real experts are out by then already.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks