• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fail Safe Module DIY

imcengineer

I recently had a fail safe module go bad. I quickly realized it was an aftermarket version anyway so I figured I'd just make my own rather than try to dish out a couple hundred for a replacement. Everything was pretty easy to find with the help of the P2P program that shows the black box for schematics.

You will need:

1 x housing (I used 6"x4"x3", can be smaller with a cleaner install)
1 x Amphenol connector MS3102A18-1P
2 x inline MINI fuse blocks (not necessary, just skip from the wiring if you don't use)
4 x SPDT 24 volt coil relays with housings and pigtail wiring
1 x piezo 24 vdc buzzer at 85 dB
1 x 200 ohm 5 watt resistor (this was the hardest part to figure out as it was partially a guess and check method) Note, if you change out your low air pressure and parking brake bulbs to different wattage then you will have to adjust this resistor sizing appropriately.
1 x silicone for ensuring watertightness all around the housing
2 x aluminum or steel brackets to connect the housing to the mounting holes in the cab.

The buzzer isn't shown in the P2P program schematics. It's for low air pressure warning. I didn't want the buzzer to come on in BO mode for obvious reasons.

Once installed it works like a charm. In BO mode the parking brake and low air light barely glow. See attached wiring schematics and pictures of old vs new. If I had more time I could have scaled down the size of the new box. However it still works great.

Any questions please ask.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks