• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall here, ramping up work on M-43

TAKPAK

The wet weather has returned here in the NW. So, it's time to retreat to the shop and continue the work on my Air Force M-43. Got a sweet deal. The interior is almost pristine. Won't have to paint, it's just like it came from the factory. Some wipedown, and it's as good as new. All the pieces are there, and they work! Exterior......well, it sat outside for years, in a dry climate. So, absolutely NO rust, just very faded paint. Will have to rebuild the engine, brakes, some wiring repair, window replacement, but nothing major, other than the engine. Now, to a question for those who have way more knowledge than myself.......where it was stationed. I always like to try to find those things out. On the back door, it has US Air Force. Under that is the designation "53K" which I know is the year and type of vehicle. Now, to the unknowns.........to the right of that are the numbers 771. Down at the bottom of the left door are the numbers "636", a space, then letters "CAFS". On the right door bottom is the letter and number "A2" and that is all I could find. Any ideas??? Hope to have it finished and running by next spring!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks