• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fall Rausch Creek Rally - Dates?

Which date(s) work best for you? You may chosse more than one.

• Total voters

shenkmen

EDIT: The Date has been chosen. The rally will take place o 10/11 - 10/14. Sign up here - http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-soldiers-rally/94411-fall-2012-rausch-creek-sign-up-thread.html

Hi everyone,

Let's pick a date for the Fall 2012 Rausch Creek Rally.

Thursday 10/11 - Sunday 10/14
Thursday 10/25 - Sunday 10/28
Thursday 11/8 - Sunday 11/11

Once we pick a date a separate sign up thread will be created.

So, which date works best for you?

PLEASE USE THE POLL OPTIONS AT THE TOP and post a comment below so we can see who is interested.

Thanks much. Hope to see you there.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For those of you not familiar here are some past threads.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/north-eastern-us-chapter/65749-spring-2011-rausch-creek-mv-rally.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/north-eastern-us-chapter/74311-fall-2011-rausch-creek-mv-rally.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/steel-...g-2012-rausch-creek-rally-sign-up-thread.html

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/north-eastern-us-chapter/55817-2010-fall-rausch-creek-mv-rally.html

Last edited:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd like late October. November is too late, the nights in PA in November are cold. Brisk is nice, freezing is not, at least for camping.

Plus, I'd prefer late Oct., because mid October is the GA rally, and I told those guys I'd be there for that as well. If it falls on the same weekend, I have a choice to make.

THEROAD

When is Halloween? Oct 31. When will trick or treat be. Got to be here for the candy handouts.
I vote Oct. 11-14 unless Oct 25-28 does not interfere with TorT.
Thanks for organization.

71m109a3

I would prefer late October/ early November. Is Rausch Creek open all year? I noticed a few food plots when we were there in April. Do they close for some or all of the various deer seasons?

PsycoBob

Since I work retail, November is completely out for me- seems I'm irreplaceable. I tried using a cardboard cutout of Ben Stiller from 'Night at the Museum 42,' but management must've gotten a cup of java on the way in.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dad might be bringing the M109A3 and ill bring my M35A2 W/W. It was sad that missed last year... it will be nice to get back on the trails!

mikey

All the good Halloween parties are going to be the weekend of 10/28. November may be too cold. I'd say mid Oct would be best for me.

Mikey

shenkmen

Not sure if ill be able to make it so i wont voice an opinion.
Just bought a house and october/november is hunting season.
If you don't come who will do the Sasquatch pose?

When is Halloween? Oct 31. Got to be here for the candy handouts.
Umm... yep. Every year. All across the world Halloween is 10/31. Good point. Do you think you might be able to convince your son to drive one of his green trucks?

Is Rausch Creek open all year? I noticed a few food plots when we were there in April. Do they close for some or all of the various deer seasons?
Open year round. No hunting. Please bring your own food.

Dad might be bringing the M109A3 and ill bring my M35A2 W/W. It was sad that missed last year... it will be nice to get back on the trails!
Please do your best to not wreck yourself or any of your vehicles between now and then. We'd like to see you this time.

All the good Halloween parties are going to be the weekend of 10/28.
Well, if we have it the weekend of 10/28 I'll force everybody to wear a costume and I'll smoke an extra rib for you. Ok, fine. That is a good point.

The following smiley face applies to all of my comments above - :p

Please use the poll options at the top and post a comment below so we can see who is interested.
Keep the votes and comments coming.

Thanks all. Hope to see you there.

Last edited:

PaFarmer

I would prefer mid October or November. I may have a Halloween party the last weekend in October for the kids and their friends.

I will bring a deuce to camp in and tow my rock buggy. I got a cargo cover for the deuce so I am looking forward to using it.

We were out with kids on quads in Shamokin on Saturday and in Jeeps on Sunday, that park is moving ahead with laying out new trails.

You keep hassling me about driving army trucks, I will have to start in about you driving a Honda instead of a jeep so you can get off roading more frequently.

Last edited:

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Joe... ill try not to! im just trying to be like gimp. smash the trucks up and walk with a limp... although does he limp on his right leg or left? humm.... mine is on the right. haha!

I have an old WWII generator that i would like to trade for something if somebody has something they want to trade. It will run with a little work (honest, it will). It needs points and the carb is clean because i dipped it in our carb cleaning tank about a hear and a half ago. I am looking for a tow bar if anybody wanted to trade for that, i would be happy. let me know what you guys have, i can post pictures of it if you would like.

shenkmen

I would prefer mid October or November. I may have a Halloween party the last weekend in October for the kids and their friends.
Yeah, that last weekend in October might be a problem for folks.

I will bring a deuce to camp in and tow my rock buggy. I got a cargo cover for the deuce so I am looking forward to using it.
I wanna see that thing.

We were out with kids on quads in Shamokin on Saturday and in Jeeps on Sunday, that park is moving ahead with laying out new trails.
Nice.

You keep hassling me about driving army trucks, I will have to start in about you driving a Honda instead of a jeep so you can get off roading more frequently.
Shhh, don't tell people I own a Honda... or two. I still have the bug to get a Cherokee. Your fault.

Wait... if that's what it takes for you to drive one of your trucks I will put up with it.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
PAFARMER,

you are bringing a deuce this year?? What’s the special occasion? You always bring the Cherokee! Haha! I’m interested in seeing your deuce too… there are many like it, but every one is different.

Joe,

Cherokees are awesome. Not Grand Cherokee, just the regular Cherokee. Take good care of it and they are awesome. I have a plow on mine and it works great.

I have to change my knuckle boots and seals… anybody have some motivation or encouragement for me to start that project? Im worried ill hit a road block somewhere. I still need to read more threads and see if I can find the information as to what I need to get from Napa for the oil seal. Oh then while im at it, i need to change the brake hoses too.

PaFarmer

Tom

I drove a deuce or bobbed deuce for the first three RC rally's. They are fun to own and drive, but I have more fun off-roading in jeeps. I got a used cargo cover from kublos in the spring and so now I can camp in the deuce and I am looking forward to that. I put a tow hitch for a 1980-1996 Ford truck on my deuce years ago. It bolted right up. The deuce is a slow tow rig but should be much better nicer to camp in than my F350 or a tent.

If you or any of the other guys up there would have a chance to pick up 4 or 5 HMMWV rims and tires to bring to the rally, I got cash to make it worth your time and effort.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks