• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

fan clutch solenoid mess

spencer proffitt

Guys, I had a reverse light problem on a m 1078 that led to a fan clutch solenoid question under another post, so I started a new post just for this. My fan clutch is free, I discovered this by applying air directly to the fan clutch fitting on the upper shroud, all is good. Began to trace down solenoid, it gone, lines plugged at cab floor, I want to scream. no brackets or any thing. I hate laziness of some people. Any reason I could not use any commercial solenoid since I am starting over. is it 12 or 24 I gotta dig into the shematic, I know roughly where the plug is. Im sure the temp switch will need to be checked out. Thanks for your help

spankybear

I would have to do some research but this may work

this maybe a better choice. It's smaller and only a 3 way to keep thing simple
to keep it small I 'd think I would try this one.

Last edited:

spankybear

Just asking here... I know the fan freewheels with air applied. Dose the solenoid have to be on to apply air? Also you need to have the valve vent to allow the fan to come on. Is the fittings for the valve 1/4" or 3/8" I know the tubing it 1/4" That valve above should allow from all of the above.

Ronmar

what NDT said. Solenoid is on to apply air and freewheel fan. Temp switch removes power when it hits 205F. Solenoid de-energizes and vents fan side to engage fan. You should hear this venting from under the passenger dash every time you turn off the truck...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks