• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fatal Het Wreck

f800

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/story...-i-75-southbound-at-mile-marker-418/74907244/

Don't know if this was already posted.

Saw aftermath. Traveling north on I-75, south of Lake City. Top of cab was crushed. Didn't get a good look, it was dark (around 2200) and north traffic moving at a normal speeds. Southbound backed up about 4 miles.

Just a reminder that these giant trucks are still hard to see at night (I'm acutely aware of this from previous experience). Report that he was struck from the rear and flipped by a tractor trailer.

Always a good idea to make sure all lights are working, especially when travelling at night. In addition, have extra lights, blinking if possible, to gain extra attention for these slower moving vehicles. It has been discussed on this site before, just another reminder.

Prayers for his family

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, I'd say it would take a heck of a lick to flip a HET.

Was the guy a member here? The report indicated it was a privately owned MV.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of our members was hit from behind in Florida a couple of years ago while driving a HET.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We lift our hearts in prayer for all those involved in this fatal wreck. We pray for the first responders and all who will be taking follow-up actions.

Has it been determined if the casualty was an SS Member? What username?

Thank you.
John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks