• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fdc bypass on non turdbo... Egt?

forkliftd

I noticed im making my own oil in my herc multifueler. Planning on doing the fdc bypass. Do i still need to worry about egt on the non turbaki truck. If so what should a safe egt. On the nonner

V8srfun

From what I understand you don’t really need to be concerned about egt on a non turbo truck. But what you will want to deal with is the amount of smoke it makes. If you see a ton of smoke turn it down unless you are in to that.

EO2NMCB

My non turbo makes a ton of smoke with the FDC still working, I think its that way on all non turbo's, as the turbo was only added to clean up some of the smoke.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Welcome to the area, I am down by Kenwood mall. I recommend bypassing the FDC to everyone as it ONLY SERVES TO LIMIT THE FUEL TO YOUR MOTOR and is a known leaker of fuel into your lubricating oil.

Yes you still need to watch EGTs, but they don't climb as quick if you don't have a turbo.
PM me a phone number if you'd like to ask more questions.

forkliftd

Welcome to the area, I am down by Kenwood mall. I recommend bypassing the FDC to everyone as it ONLY SERVES TO LIMIT THE FUEL TO YOUR MOTOR and is a known leaker of fuel into your lubricating oil.

Yes you still need to watch EGTs, but they don't climb as quick if you don't have a turbo.
PM me a phone number if you'd like to ask more questions.
Thanks for the response. Im gonna bypass it monday. My truck barely smokes. If at all now. It might even be running alittle lean.

forkliftd

Ok so bypass is done... Holy crap. It pulls hard to redline. Nice... But im a bit worried about the smoke. Its rolling coal hard past half throttle. Is that normal?

V8srfun

The only way to know if you are running to hot is with a pyrometer. But if you are concerned you can easily turn it down. The non turbo trucks are known for smoking

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Honestly, I'd put a pyro on. That is the only way to KNOW how close you are to melting things. After that, I would certainly install a turbo.

More power, less smoke. Have you tried running around the block without the air filter? You may have a filter that needs replacing.

forkliftd

Autometer z series. Black background so i can paint the bevel od green and it will look more military. Dont want to look like a diesel boi

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks