• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FDC question again. Sorry

jfnemt1ff1

Hi all while today I bypassed my fdc,per the past posts. Turned out fine not hard at all. I have done alot of work on the M725 and the Gama Goat but just starting to get my feet wet. The truck seams to have more power and runs fine. The question is that on take off and under load there is a good amount of black smoke 8) . Going down the road at steddy speed the smoke goes away. I have not yet did any adjustment of the two little nuts and they still safty wired together.It is a no turbo (want to change that soon like the sound of the wissler) At that time I will add the boost gage along with the etg. But in the mean time is this ok or should I make some other adjustments.
John

FreightTrain

Banned
Question.Do you have to purchase any new parts or is this just a remove a part here,replace it with a part from there,install the first part here and fire it up type deal?

houdel

Here is the set I bought. The boost gauge is mechanical (also available in 30 psi), the pyro is electric. You can order a SCR to run the pyro on 24v and 24V bulbs directly from ISSPRO. I have the gauges installed and working but don't have the bulbs wired up yet. Before I do that I'll "paint" the bulbs with a red marker (per ISSPRO tech support) for red backlighting. The gauge box was bought from another SS member.

Should have located the "Low Air Pressure" decal closer to the light though.

http://www.dieselmanor.com/isspro/r3607tr_ev_pyro.asp

http://www.dieselmanor.com/isspro/r5611r_ev_boost.asp

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks