• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Feb 23 1971, 42 Yrs ago today.

vtdeucedriver

Since there is no "History" section on SS, its probably fitting to put it here within this section of what today represents.

A couple of years ago in upstate NY, some of you SS members were fortunate enough to attend and you might have got to see what this date today is. Here is a link to a reminder of the story.
http://www.virtualwall.org/dd/DahlLG01a.htm

For those who were at Ft. Drum a couple of years ago, here are some pictures as a reminder. I know I will never forget it and is probably the highlight of my MV collecting. It was a honor to be apart of getting his son Mike a ride in the back of a 359th Gun Truck.

Attachments

Last edited:

Red523rd

Yepper,,,,Sad so Sad,,,,
And a Year ago 2-23-2012 we lost The LT Ralph Fuller,,,,,
They are together ,,,
RIP TROOPERS

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Red posted this on the GT Site:

red523rd
March 12, 2013 at 12:49 am · Reply
Thorne was also my driver of Satans Li’L Angel, When it was Destroyed 2-20-71
20 days later, He and Calvin had rebuilt the guntruck and “The Proud Amercian” was Destroyed again…..Thorne was KIA and LT Baird was WIA loosing his left arm////Baird was also following SLA 2-20-71////……Then the parts were used to Rebuild the Ace of Spades, It had been destroyed 2-16-71 when it fell off a cliff Killing the driver Mike Hunter….
That My Friends is the story of three guntrucks destroyed in Lamson 719…From the 523rd Trans. Co.
Today all three Replicas run the same bumper numbers……….

Rest in Peace Friends.
You are not Forgotten.

“RED”

Feb and Mar were bad months for our Brothers.

CROWBAR

FTD 042 2011 VINNY, PORTER, MICHAEL DAHL, BLACKSTONE.jpgwe had a great time, mike dahl larry dahl (moh) son, put on a bbq for us, thats my van in middle with the pic's in the back.
Left to right on this pic. Vinny swartz, me, michael dahl, robert blackstone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks