• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

FedEx comes through again!

LanceRobson

Like many of us I buy and sell parts and often need to ship things. Occasionally I need to ship to (or receive from) overseas. I have accounts with UPS, FedEx and a less than truckload shipping broker so sometimes it can take a while to find the best shipping price but for most smaller shipments and for overseas shipping FedEx has been the best choice.

FedEx has a "Great Rates Hotline" that is a great tool to remember. Just like air travel some ground and air freight routes have very quiet days and you can often save a lot of money by calling (here in the US) 877.463.7408

I may have a part to ship to England which will be in a box about 12"x12"x12" and weigh around 30 pounds. When I called today, they stated that Monday is the least expensive day to ship to the UK from my part of the country. A one foot cube shaped box that weighs 30 pounds is normally US $287 to ship to the UK by Economy Air service. If I make a shipment label out for a Monday and drop the box at a FedEx pick up location on a Monday the price is US $96.26. This does not include any duties or taxes and I used a $300 value for the quote.

It will be delivered by 6 PM Friday assuming no customs or other delays.

Here in the US a FedEx account is easy to apply and takes about 5 minutes. The normal savings for FedEx ground and residential service are around 30% of the normal retail price so it is really worth looking into. When buying from an individual I often set up a shipment from the supplier to me and then email them the shipping label since the pricing is so much better than paying retail.

Last year I needed to send some parts to Hong Kong and the online quote was nearly $600. After calling the Great RatesHotline I paid around 70% less for that shipment, too.

Lance

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fed Ex is not recommnded to ship parts from the US to Canada if I get a $30 part shipped to Canada from the US by Fed Ex they will add over $30 in brokerage fees to the shipping price but will not tell you untill you go to pick it up. A total ripoff and not nessasary at all. If the shipped part is sent by USPS it is shipped with no fees but the postage and if Canada Customs opens and inspects either one there is a $5 fee added and thats it. Fed Ex is a total rip off and crooked operation in my opinon. Eddy

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks