• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Filters found on surplus generators?

Isaac-1

I don't think this topic has came up before, so I thought I would ask what type of filters (oil,fuel,air) have you found installed on the generators you have bought from GL, GSA auctions etc. For me my MEP-701a came with a WIX oil filter (#5335 I think, also had had written sticker on the control panel saying to use this WIX filter), an unknown number Baldwin air and Baldwin fuel filter. Both my MEP-002a and MEP-003a came with Fram CH6PL oil filters, unsure on brands of other filters Ike

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wix, Baldwin, and Fram.

Isaac-1

It looks like we are getting a bit off topic here, this thread was not asking about advice on what type of filter is best to use, but instead what have you found already installed on surplus generators you have bought from GL, GSA, or other military surplus sources.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Their was no filters except the air filter on my mep004a , all fluids and filters were removed.

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All three Fram. Oil filter was missing the gasket outside the can and found a steel washer atop the filter! No make on the air filter.

Last edited:

TucsonVTXF

all filters were removed from my unit and I was missing the complete air cleaner...I did install all of the cheap OEM fram filters to see if the unit worked. now I will invest in good modern wix/napa filters and conversions..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks