• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Filtration Question

Jeepsinker

It isn't necessary, but it will take a lot more gunk out. No filter can take out what a centrifuge will remove. And all of that gunk is bad for pumps and injectors.

Beyond Biodiesel

Yes I tried to search, if you filter to .5 micron is centrifuging necessary?
If you are processing WMO blends, then a centrifuge not necessary, but desirable, because WMO is a colloid of soot in motor oil, and that colloid is made up of ultra-fine carbon particles that are suspended in WMO. You can remove it by settling after blending with gasoline at 20%, which will break the colloid, but then it takes 1-2 months of settling for the carbon particles to settle out. Or settle it for a week, then centrifuge it. It is up to how much time and money you have to throw at turning garbage into fuel.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes I tried to search, if you filter to .5 micron is centrifuging necessary?
A problem with finding anything with any search tool is to a) know what you are looking for, and b) what you are looking for is spelled correctly. Anyone coming behind you would never be able to find your thread with just Q.

Fixed your title for you as it will help everyone. ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks