• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally after many months of waiting for title...

Numbers

After waiting many months for my title to arrive from Florida via Arizona I actually received my license plates today. Insured under $100 full coverage through State Farm and stopping traffic everywhere.

Plates used to be green in color for antique plates but the number is cool and very close to what the truck actually is (M35A2) but if it was a 5 ton 6x6 it would be perfect. The Sheriff was prior Army and inspection went like a snap and he knew about the back up light issue and never asked. He was floored when he noted the low miles (4783 miles and yes, the odometer is functioning). However, the clerk was "like what color is it?" and I said it's camo colored. To which she replied "what color is that?" and I went and proceeded to explain which colors were involved and she finally said "just let me see it and I'll figure it out." I said, OK its right outside your window and she looked and turned around and said "I don't see it." Of course I was laughing inside and told her what a good job the Army did on the camo job because she couldn't see it. Actually I am not sure how she missed it standing out like a sore thumb in a parking lot that is visible from all angles of her window. Eventually she figured it out and then asked, "what is it?" Oh my, I was going to have no fun on this one. I just said its an antique 1970 Jeep Truck. She proceeded to look in her books and finally had to ask someone who actually knew these things. Luckily I did get out of there in one piece finally and for my time I received my "Golden Ticket" as pictured below.

Once again, Thanks to Gimpy and also Desert Fox for the help you provided. Most of all I would like to thank the Steel Soldiers forum as a whole for providing entertainment, information, and a place on the internet to call home.

Attachments

roscoe

Congatulations, I know how you feel. Mine just came in 2 days ago. Florida also. Insurance is through State Farm also, though mine is $256 something for 6 months for commercial coverage. I havn't had time to get to the DMV yet. It took the insurance people a couple of hours to get back to me because it was a first for them and they had no idea what I was insuring. I plan on driving it to the DMV tomorrow because they will need to do a vin check. That means it will also get driven to the job and to do estimates.:-D

Numbers

I look forward to the opportunity to get out of town for the weekend. It appears to be about 2 and a half hours away. Probably on Friday.

roscoe

They are just required to check the vin # on out of state vehicals. Its not a safety inspection although a may have to get a DOT inspection if I use it in my business.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks