• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got her home,,,

Jesse6325

Finally got the Deuce home last night at around 9PM,,, Started work on it about 4 PM about 50 miles away, Wanted to at least get three new fuel filters in it as well as grease all the U joints and suspension parts.
Filter service went great until we discovered that the new seals would not fit,,,
AFTER 5PM,,,, When all the good parts houses were closed!aua
Ended up reusing the old seals, Thank goodness no leaks!
I had driven her twice before, Once around the block and then about 10 miles to a gravel pit and back.( Yes we had fun in the gravel pit.:))
Anyway, No issues getting it home.
Today about all I did to it today was cleaned the air compressor filter and drained a gallon of oil and replaced it with Lucas.
So,,, Checking it out good today these are the things that are first on my to do list.
Spin on filters.
Complete fluid change.
Clean off the outside of the IP and see if I can find a slow leak.
It's wet up around where the throttle and kill levers go into the body.
Going to check/tighten/replace the lines first and se it that doesn't fix the leaking problem.
Hoping it's just a bad line, After it sits overnight I have to crank it a bit before it catches, Then it acts like it lost fuel prime for about 10 to 12 second and the straightens up and runs good so I am thinking just a leak somewhere.
In tank pump is putting out fuel so it's not that
It looks like SOMBODY used a brake line to route air to the front axle engage lever, That's gotta go, Leaks air pretty good.
Replace the wiring harness. Found some age/ozone cracked wires, Better safe than sorry.
Repair or replace the cab cover, Thinking about having one custom made so just the top is covered and the back is open, Love the rear visibility without the top on,,,
Anyway, Here is a pic of my new time/money eater at home,,,,
20120211_1758.jpg

Jesse6325

Steel, The line in question looks like a hydraulic line, The problem is where the line screws into the valve body is just a small brass double male fitting with no flare for a hydraulic line, will post pics.

Jesse6325

Mobile, Oh yeah, There are going to be plenty of pics, Photography is another hobby of mine.
Besides, It's a lot easier to put something back together nit you have pics of how you took it apart,,
Guess how I found that one out.:shock:

steelandcanvas

Jesse, I just went out and looked at my front diff valve/switch just to jog my memory. Air enters the rear of the valve, and I also have that double male fitting attaching the heavy duty air line to the valve. It was sealed with some thread sealant (RectorSeal), maybe removing the fitting, cleaning everything, good coat of sealant and reassembly might do the trick for you.

Jesse6325

So here we go,,,,,

Well,,, I had a bushinggo out on one of my torque rods so now I have to start buying stuff to get it fixed.
I had planned on replacing all 12 of them anyway.
Anyhow I went and bought three railroad ties to cut up and use as blocks.
While using my generator to run the electric chainsaw (hey, it's an excuse to fire it up and run it) the genny blew the line going to my pressure gauge!:gimp:
Fortunatly I caught it before it ran dry and got it shut down.
I put the old plug back in the hole that I had the oil line hooked into, refilled the genny, And finished cutting up the ties,, Even made myself a set of chocks!:p
Included pics of the truck last time I had her out, The blown bushing,(poor quality pic) The genny and said blown line, Blocks/chocks, And a new to me 4X torque multiplier I found for less than $80.
IMAG0038.jpg

IMAG0040.jpg

IMAG0041.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

Jesse6325

Quick update

Took the wheels of the drivers side Sunday, Fond a bad bearing in the spring hangar mount.aua
Looks like I will probably be overhauling the whole rear suspension.
Figure if the bearings in one spring hangar are bad so is the other side.
I had too much free time on the weekend anyway.:lol:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks