• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Finally got my m998!

Al Capone

Finally got euc approved and picked up Thursday ! Very happy with it . Very. Nice truck and brand nEw tires . All fluids so far fresh and clean . Engine oil black as usual . Changed that . All steering parts are new . Checking portal hubs today and has a clunk in rear so gotta hunt for that to see if rear end or u joint . Installed my new doors . And got licnese plate Friday !

Attachments

NormB

Good to see.

Welcome.

Keep us posted on the “clunk” over in the “what I did to my HMMWV today” thread.

NB

Al Capone

Fit fine . Just had to add timbers to get over wheel wells . Little tire hang off each side . About same when I had m715. Clunk is ring and pinion slack . Anyone know ratio in 1990 m998? 2.56 or 2.73? I've found nos 2.73 diffs

spoonsc1

Fit fine . Just had to add timbers to get over wheel wells . Little tire hang off each side . About same when I had m715. Clunk is ring and pinion slack . Anyone know ratio in 1990 m998? 2.56 or 2.73? I've found nos 2.73 diffs
I was about to suggest to look at the ring and pinion but you got there. had to change my rear, backing up in a turn sounded like the pinion was trying to crawl over the top of the ring gear. mine is and 87 and cant remember the ratio

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks