• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fire extinguisher?

MTVR

My MTVR did not come with a fire extinguisher, just a mangled bracket. I straightened the bracket, but does it take some standard-sized fore extinguisher that is readily available at a good price, or should I just buy one that comes with a bracket and replace the whole thing?

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
Personally I don’t like a little bottle. I keep a massive one on board some say ABC and some say use CO2. It can be stuffed behind the seat or under the passenger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you're actually planning on putting out a fire, go with a 20lbs. At least that's what I carry in my daily driver. Those little 5lbs-ers aren't going to do very much.

Nomadic

If you have expensive electronics in the house part of your rig and this extinguisher could be used for it, the common ABC type spray will ruin whatever equipment you spray it on. Get a clean agent kind of extinguisher. Halon is what I carry. It costs a lot more, but totally worth it. Halotron may be a good fit for that too.

MTVR

If you're actually planning on putting out a fire, go with a 20lbs. At least that's what I carry in my daily driver. Those little 5lbs-ers aren't going to do very much.
From the looks of that bracket, whatever fit in there was WAY smaller than 5 pounds.

I was already thinking of putting a bigger one under the seat and losing the stock "leg shredder" bracket- I think you have helped me to make up my mind...

MTVR

If you have expensive electronics in the house part of your rig and this extinguisher could be used for it, the common ABC type spray will ruin whatever equipment you spray it on. Get a clean agent kind of extinguisher. Halon is what I carry. It costs a lot more, but totally worth it. Halotron may be a good fit for that too.
We will have a separate fire extinguisher for the house portion of our vehicle...

MTVR

I moved an out-of-date but fully charged 5-pound ABC fire extinguisher into the truck under the seat.

Before we start driving it, I'll get a current fire extinguisher and mount it in a bracket.

fasttruck

CO2 extinguishers are friendly around electronics and even food. The problem is they remove or replace the air surrounding the fuel. When the cloud disperses and the fuel or immediate surrounding are still hot it will probably reignite.

MTVR

I picked up a 2.5-pound 5:BC vehicle fire extinguisher with mounting bracket for less than 20 bucks. It is DOT-approved, and has a 2020 date on it.

And I'll keep the larger ABC fire extinguisher under the passenger seat to back this one up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks