• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First govplanet hmmwv

tgejesse

Hey all,

I'm a new HMMWV owner, happy to join the club. Currently waiting for my EUC to clear... gonna be torture.

What do you guys think? Anything to look out that you can see from the pictures? I know the blowby is there, It doesn't seem too bad so I'm hoping its nothing crazy.

My plan is to get a 2-door to 4-door conversion kit (camo) and some aluminum x doors. Keep everything else stock. I'm sure I'll be asking many questions here. Looking forward to joining the family!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Hey all,

I'm a new HMMWV owner, happy to join the club. Currently waiting for my EUC to clear... gonna be torture.

What do you guys think? Anything to look out that you can see from the pictures? I know the blowby is there, It doesn't seem too bad so I'm hoping its nothing crazy.

My plan is to get a 2-door to 4-door conversion kit (camo) and some aluminum x doors. Keep everything else stock. I'm sure I'll be asking many questions here. Looking forward to joining the family!
Well, welcome to the group! Nice green truck and now you won't have any long boring Saturdays :) . I have not been through the EUC pain myself but so long as you don't "watch the clock" it will happen sooner than later. Give it about six months.

By the time you have a truck, you should have become familiar with the Technical Manuals (TM's) for your new (to you) truck.
Read a little,
Ask a few questions,
Read a little more.
By the time you have done that a few times, you will have a dozen things you will want to carefully inspect.

Remember with these machines: Grease & Oil are Cheaper Than Parts!

Again, welcome to the group from North Carolina.

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I think you made out alright! And welcome aboard, a serpentine 6.5 and 4 speed makes for a nice ride. I wouldn’t sweat the blow by terribly, get some fresh oil in it, check the CDR valve hose (Crankcase Depression Relief) for holes/dry rot, and get it up to operating temperature and see how it looks.

First thing first, before any test drives I’d service every hub, the transmission, engine, power steering, fuel system etc and let her eat. You SHOULD have updated spindle nuts, but until you check them by tearing down each hub, you can’t be certain, and I’d advise not driving it on the road until you do.

Also, one of the cheapest-yet-quickest-to-pay-off-mods you can do for $100 would be the supplementary Ground Harness mod. My video linked below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The waiting game can be torture. If you have any cash left lol, go ahead and get your basic stuff for freshening up. Fluids, filters, glow plugs and maybe any parts that you know are missing(mirrors, doors etc). There will be stuff that must get done first to get it safe. But having items ready to go before it arrives is very helpful, at least in my experience. Kinda like a mom, nesting lol.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all,

Welcome to SS , you should have time to read through the entire hmmwv forum by the time your EUC clears .

tbeson

I just joined the group today and after waiting on my EUC for 10 weeks, I decided to email customer service last Tuesday, 3.23.2021 and guess what my EUC was completed on 3.15.2021, and they sent it to me that day. Doesn't hurt to be the squeaky wheel...Picked up my M1123 last Thursday.

tgejesse

I just joined the group today and after waiting on my EUC for 10 weeks, I decided to email customer service last Tuesday, 3.23.2021 and guess what my EUC was completed on 3.15.2021, and they sent it to me that day. Doesn't hurt to be the squeaky wheel...Picked up my M1123 last Thursday.
Gov planet customer service?

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the group! Happy to hear that you got your EUC and that you already have your truck. :cool:

Be sure to dig around and get the Technical Manuals (TM's) for your new to you vehicle. Part numbers, how to, goofy things like your brake lights don't work if your headlights aren't on ... All those things that can cause you time and effort have been solved by looking there first.

BE SURE to snap some pictures and upload them. We all enjoy seeing new hardware - and the more pix you have - the better your chances are when asking questions.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS and welcome to the outfit!

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Had you bought any other item in the last three years or so that required EUC?

tbeson

No this was my first time purchase, original purchase was 01.13.2021, Submitted EUC request 1.14.2021, Govplanet. com Customer service responded 2 weeks later with an email and update on my account on their webpage, that it was submitted to the proper place on 2.1.2021, The waiting game began, on
3.23.2021 I reached out to Govplanet .com and they emailed me back the same day, the EUC was complete, only after I emailed them, The EUC was completed a week earlier by their records., They then updated the website and I was able to print out the release. I found out the OIG and back ground checks were completed on 2.14.2021, so not sure why it takes another 30 days to get the EUC release.

jkcondrey

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, thats pretty good. My first one took 7 months and it was around 3 years ago. They say if you have purchased something from them and had to get an EUC then, that you will be much quicker to the finish line on any other purchases. They last updated my file on 2/25/01 so I will be sending emails end of next month I guess.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks