• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

First Time Starting Problem..

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Weird starting problem with my M1008. It only happens after the truck sits for a week or so without running. A side note.. (the high idle solenoid is not hooked up and neither is it working correctly as it sticks open when the green wire is conected) What happens is the truck takes a very long time to catch and will crank over (fast) for maybe 1-2min before I can get it started then very slowly like a gas engine that's been flooded with gas. Once started and warm even for a few min it will start on the first turn of the key. And will stay this way (easy to start) for several day's unless I let it sit for a week or more. I don't think it's outside temp related.

New GP Card
New GP's
New GP switch
New Group 31 batteries
Doghead starter relay installed

Ideas?

Thanks, David

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would assume that the fuel pressure switch in the filter housing is letting fuel bleed back down. Usually that is the cause. Others may have more pertinant info.

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, I was thinking it was a air in the fuel issue but wanted to hear from someone else.

The truck had a new fuel tank installed and external electric
fuel pump which is mounted next to the fuel tank and seems to work ( I hear it running anyway)

I am going to replace the stock fuel filter with a spin on mod and see if that helps.

Thanks.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks