• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Fitting the engine harness plug through the firewall.

fitz

I'm in the process of stripping a rusty M1008 for parts.
I have all of the plugs on the underdash wiring harness unplugged. I can't get the plug that connects to the engine wiring harness to fit through the firewall. I pushed the grommet into the cab, the plug just seems to big for the firewall hole.
It's the plug just to the left of the glow plug resistor (as shown in the picture).
I searched, but didn't come up with anything. I must be overlooking something.
Thanks .

Attachments

cucvrus

It will fit. It is the diagnostic connector? Every one of the plugs fits thru the respective hole they are assigned. They are tight and an exact fit.

cucvrus

It fits thru from the engine side. You must push the engine side connection thru the hole in the firewall after you push the grommet thru. Outside to inside to get it out. Good Luck.

fitz

Thank you.
I pushed the grommet from the engine compartment into the cab. When I seen that the plug was a tight fit, I figured I'd check and get a second opinion. Its been a long day, I didn't want to force it and break it. I'll have at it some night this week and get the harness out.
Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks